Living in optimum good health has no alternative in life. Whether you are rich or poor, good health is a non-negotiable requirement for everyone living. This is why there is so much talk about Medicare and health bills. Good health has eluded many for lack of knowledge of the right ingredients to provide the needed healthy living. Why many of us run around in vain in search of medicine and health sustaining product, we forget that nature has what we are looking for in abundance. There are tons of amazing health benefits in nature, and one of them is the Inulin Power found in many plants.
Quick facts about Inulin Powder
- It’s a naturally occurring nutritional component in many plants
- It is full of fiber and fewer calories
- Common foods where Inulin can be found are Chicory root, Bananas, Wheat, Garlic, Leek, Onions, Wild Yams, Agave, Asparagus and much more
- It nourishes healthy bacteria in the gut for perfect body functioning
- It’s low on the glycemic index
- It’s an excellent nutrient for diabetes, weight loss, constipation and resolving digestive issues
What is Inulin Power?
Inulin is a soluble organic food fiber, an amazing food nutrient found in foods with eat. It is used to promote digestive health and boost the good bacteria in the gut for the body to assume its vibrant role of vitality and self-defense.
When the body can protect itself against intruding bacteria, the person is guaranteed a healthy living. The inability of the body to defend itself makes it vulnerable to series of microbial attacks that with time renders is unable to carry on normal life functions. The inulin power’s major role is to revitalize the body through invigorating friendly bacteria and free the body of toxic free radicals rendering it defenseless.
How inulin is derived
Chicory root is the chief source of inulin powder. That means inulin is a plant-based carbohydrate that provides immense benefits to the human digestive system. The root extract comes in many products, and there is the likelihood you have been eating inulin if you have a penchant for eating high fiber or gluten-free snacks.
Inulin is naturally present in some vegetables including the chicory root where most inulin dietary grade is extracted. Due to fibers character of not digested in the small intestine until it gets to the colon, it provides fodder for the bacteria in the human gut to revitalize and as well contributes to the larger percentage of human stool.
How does inulin work?
You will come across different types of inulin powder sold as a dietary supplement in the market chiefly derived from chicory root. The role of inulin in the plants that contain it is to regulate the plant’s internal temperature and store its energy needs. It contains osmotically active ingredients which help the plant resist cold temperature and boost its survival. It also gives the plant the ability to absorb a high quantity of liquid and provides it with natural resistance to human generated enzymes.
By way of Providence, inulin, when taken by a person, deliver the same benefits and provides the eater the ability to live in optimum health. When in the colon, it takes a sizable amount of room and absorbs water in the gut and expands in volume to promote stool. While in the gut, it clings to cholesterol to avoid metabolic syndrome which helps the eater to use the toilet with ease.
Benefits of inulin powder
- It reduces constipation. Inulin is high in dietary fiber which makes it dissolve easily in the colon and increase in size and become fodder for the gut bacteria to feed helping to boost their ability and performance. Its settlement in the stomach and water solubility helps to form gelatinous material. Inulin can absorb more water than any known dietary fiber; this characteristic helps to promote easy stool and reduce constipation. The behavior of inulin to mimic lipids structure in the stomach helps to lubricate the digestive system, increase fecal biomass and water content of poop. Not only that, its activities in the colon affect gastrointestinal functions positively which leads to rapid fermentation in the colon to boost the presence of healthy bacteria.
- Quench the appetite urges. One way to gain immense weight is through regular eating as promoted by heightened appetite to eat more and more but inulin checks such appetite. People desiring to lose weight have frequently been advised to eat food rich in dietary fiber to reduce the urge to eat more. A little inulin powder intake will in the presence of water bulk up in no time to fill the surrounding areas in the colon. This reduces the urge for more food. When the body feels satisfied and can metabolize normally, it promotes weight loss and restores vibrant health.
- Lowers metabolic syndrome risk factors and increases heart health. The way inulin powder works when eaten is that it passes through the small intestine undigested. As it passes through it packs with it the fat, toxic materials and wastes in the small intestine into the colon where the healthy bacteria can deal with them. As it expands in size and become fodder for friendly bacteria, the biomass formed in readiness to exit the body clings to the lipids in the system for outward journey to leave the body. The removal of LDL (bad cholesterol) in the body promotes heart health and reduces the risk of hypertension and heart problems.
- It provides healthy sugar and flour alternatives. You have been warned to run from sugar, and the wheat flour is not a better option either, but inulin can take their places with more health options. Inulin also tastes sweet but not as strong sweet taste like the sugar beet, but where health is a concern and more important, it can favorably take the place of sugar in your food. The same way the powder can replace wheat flour with more healthy snacks and food intake.
- Vegan-friendly. Inulin is suitable for vegetarians and provides many healthy food alternatives for the vegan family.